Table of Contents
Here is the list of 5 common Delta 8 myths for the beginners – Don’t believe everything you read
Since the past few years, Delta 8 has rapidly gained massive popularity. As a result, there are many myths surrounding Delta 8 and its use. We have debunked the 5 most common Delta 8 myths in this article. Read about them below.
Delta 8 Is Illegal
- Delta 8 is derived from cannabis, therefore one of the biggest myths surrounding Delta 8 is about its legality. Many people assume that Delta 8 is illegal. However, this is far from the truth. With the introduction of the 2018 Farm Bill, all forms of cannabis and its derivatives are now legal statuses as long as they meet the government’s criteria. This criteria is set as any substance containing less than 0.3% THC. Furthermore, Delta 8 is legal as long as it is derived from hemp.
Some people point out that there is a ruling by the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) that puts Delta 8 into the illegal category. The rule states that all synthetic THC are illegal. Delta 8 is safe from this ruling because Delta 8 is not a synthetic compound, it is derived from cannabis.
Delta 8 Is Legal Everywhere
- Advocates and users of Delta 8 have this misconception that Delta 8 is legal everywhere. This is also not true. Federally some states have made Delta 8 illegal and are heavily regulating its use. It is always a good idea to check with your local state laws before purchasing and traveling with Delta 8.
Federal laws mandate that as long as both the states are allowing Delta 8, a person is allowed to not only purchase but also to carry and transport it between the two states. In some states, it is even legal to fly having Delta 8 gummies in your carry-on luggage.
Delta 8 Is Synthetic
- Delta 8 is absolutely not synthetic. It is not produced in a lab. It is in fact derived from the cannabis plant. The extraction process takes place in a lab because Delta 8 is naturally found in traces. It undergoes a tedious process that aims to extract and refine Delta 8 so that at the end a pure Delta 8 product can be procured.
Delta 8 would be classed as synthetic if it were made in the lab from scratch. If there were no hemp or cannabis plants involved in its extraction and production, then it would’ve fallen under the ruling set by the DEA.
Delta 8 Is Dangerous
- Delta 8 is far from being dangerous. Delta 8 has so many positive effects that physicians have started prescribing Delta 8 to patients for their complaints regarding joint pain, anxiety, and sleep disorders. Delta 8 is less potent than Delta 9 and marijuana. It does not cause any negative side effects such as paranoia, anxiety, feeling out of place, and high.
People are using Delta 8 and going about their normal lives. Many people have reported that their lives have improved significantly after taking Delta 8. Delta 8 is also not addictive so people can stop taking it anytime they wish to without experiencing withdrawal symptoms.
All THC Are The Same
- People claim that all THC are the same which is essentially a wrong statement. Delta 8 is less potent than Delta 9, and does not cause any of the negative side effects that are associated with Delta 9. While both Delta 8 and Delta 9 are cannabinoids, and they both affect our endocannabinoid system (ECS) but the way they affect it are completely different.
The ECS system has CB1 and CB2 receptors. Delta 8 and Delta 9 bind to both of these receptors, but Delta 9 has a higher tendency to be bound with CB1 receptors which results in its psychoactive and negative side effects. Delta 8 binds more strongly with CB2 which is why it offers a euphoric and relaxing effect.
If you are interested in Delta 8, then why not give us a call at 317-941-5361. We, at The Delta 8 Shop are a well-established name for Delta 8 products. We sell only the best quality and highly reputable brands of Delta 8.