Here is a comprehensive comparison of delta 8 and delta 9 THC
Marijuana and hemp contain a lot of widely-known ingredients. Their usage gained popularity more than 2 decades ago. But nowadays people have shifted almost all of their focus to the two particular compounds that are found in these plants. These compounds are tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabinol (CBD).
THC or tetrahydrocannabinol is an ingredient in marijuana and hemp that gives them their high-causing effect. It basically is a psychoactive compound that is normally found in cannabis plants. The THC interacts with the CB1 and CB2 receptors to exhibit all its effects in the human body. There are two further types of THC that have become popular and their usage has increased by a large amount in the past decade. Those types are Delta 8 and Delta 9 THC.
Delta 8 THC
- The Delta 8 THC is a naturally occurring psychoactive cannabinoid that is normally found in a cannabis plant. It is present in very small concentrations but due to its anxiolytic, analgesic, and orexigenic properties, it can easily be derived with the help of processes like distillation.
Delta 8 THC has a unique molecular structure that exhibits various effects when it is consumed and interacts with different receptors in the human body. It has been known to exhibit a very high neuroprotective potential and it has been associated with chronic pain management which makes it popular among people today.
Delta 9 THC
- Delta 9 is a type of cannabinoid that is also found in the cannabis plants but it is present in a much higher concentration compared to delta 8 THC. This type of cannabinoid is commonly referred to simply as THC. So, whenever you read an article or hear some news regarding the effects and benefits of THC they are generally referring to Delta 9 THC.
As stated above this is the molecule of the cannabis plant that is associated with the high feeling you get when you are consuming it. Due to its profound effects on the human body, the usage of delta 9 THC has been popular among people for the past twenty years.
Differences Between Delta 8 and Delta 9 THC
- From the knowledge that is available, it is quite easy to think that delta 8 and delta are two compounds that have similar properties and effects. If we talk strictly from a molecular point of view, delta 8 and delta 9 THC are indeed identical apart from a few electrons. But if we talk about their effects on the human body and how they interact with the different receptors present inside the body we realize that there are a lot of key differences that separate them from one another.
With that being said, here are some key differences between delta 8 and delta 9 THC that make them stand out and unique from one another;
Anxiety and Paranoia
- There are various reasons as to why the United States Farm Bill dictates the legal amount of delta 9 THC to be below 0.3. The reason for this distinction is that delta 9 THC has been known to induce feelings of anxiety among a large number of users. It has also been known to make the user feel paranoid for no apparent reason. Delta 9 THC is also linked with a decrease in mental work performance.
In contrast to this, Delta 8 THC has exhibited very few cases of anxiety and paranoia. The reason for this substantial decrease is that delta 8 THC is less psychoactive than delta 9 THC. It is also far less potent than delta 9 THC meaning that you can enjoy its consumption without worrying about those underlying effects that are associated with the usage of delta 9 THC. So, you are able to get a good high using Delta 8 THC without worrying about any adverse side effects that are normally linked with THC usage.
Sense of Calm and Relaxation
- Delta 9 THC is more potent as compared to Delta 8 THC meaning that when you are using delta 9 THC you are more likely to get feelings of elation rather than relaxation. Different experiments conducted over time indicate that people who use delta 9 THC report a high that can even build up to euphoria.
Conversely, if you are looking to get rid of your tensions and anxieties without getting overly high then Delta 8 THC is the right choice for you. Due to its mellow nature, it has been known to relieve your feelings of stress and anxiety without getting you extremely high. So because of its milder nature, it is preferred by a wider range of people as compared to Delta 9.
Effects Over Time
- This is arguably the key difference between delta 8 and delta 9 THC that clearly separates them. Both of them not only induce different effects but they also do it at different paces. Delta 9 THC is absorbed relatively quickly which means that it can induce all of the above-mentioned effects rather quickly.
Unlike Delta 9, delta 8 THC is slower and takes more time to kick in. It delivers a slower and relatively smoother experience than Delta 9. After it is consumed, the feelings of joy and relaxation come online gradually which means there is less chance of getting anxiety or paranoia when you are using Delta 8 THC.
In the aforementioned text, we have discussed Delta 8 and Delta 9 THC in great detail. We also went over some key differences that separate them from one another and make one choice better than the other.
You can reach out to us today at The Delta 8 Shop if you have any more questions regarding the usage and effects of delta 8 THC. You can also contact us if you are looking to get your delta 8 THC delivered to you in the comfort of your own home without any worries or hassles.