The ultimate delta 8-THC guide for the newbie
Delta 8 is a small cannabinoid that is found in the cannabis plant in very small concentrations. For a lot of people, delta 8 THC is a mellower form of delta 9 THC. It is normally formed by storing THC for long periods of time and waiting for it to degrade into delta 8 THC.
What is Delta 8 THC
- There are typically 100 plus cannabinoids that are normally found in a cannabis plant. People all over the world have comprehensive knowledge about the basic cannabinoids like delta 9 but there is a large majority of people out there who still have no clue about what is delta 8 and how is it different from delta 9 THC.
Simply put, the delta 8 THC is a distinct form of THC which is the most common cannabinoid found in the cannabis plant. The Delta 8 THC has a lot of similarities with the traditional THC on a molecular level but there are various things that separate them from one another.
Common Differences Between Delta 8 THC and Traditional THC
- Both THC and delta 8 THC have multiple similarities because of which they are associated with each other. For instance, both the THC and delta 8 THC are reportedly used for managing pain, reducing anxiety and nausea, and stimulating appetite.
At the same time, there are some distinctions that clearly separate the Delta 8 THC from traditional THC like the fact that delta 8 THC exhibits a lower psychotropic potency and is mellower in nature when compared with traditional THC. This difference and more help the delta 8 THC separate itself from the traditional THC.
Medical Benefits of Delta 8 THC
- A plethora of studies conducted in the past 10 years have uncovered multiple unique properties of Delta 8 THC that has clearly defined its therapeutic potential to an extent that it is being prescribed by doctors all over America from the treatment of the following conditions;
Pain and Inflammation Management
- Various studies conducted in the past decade have shown that the delta 8 THC can greatly help in diminishing pain and inflammation that might be caused by a corneal injury. These studies have also shown that delta 8 THC when applied topically can become a major contributor to pain reduction and reduced inflammation because of the effects it has on the CB1 receptors when it interacts with them.
Because of these studies and research delta 8 THC is commonly prescribed by doctors all over the United States for its pain and inflammation management and reduction functionalities.
Effects on Anxiety
- Multiple studies in the past decade have shown that delta 8 THC can be a major contributor in anxiety management similar to delta 9 THC. The consumption of delta 8 THC leads to a calm and focused high that can help you manage and even reduce your anxiety with proper dosage and usage.
Treatment of Nausea
- The nausea fighting potential of delta 8 THC was first expanded upon back in 1995 when a study published by Life Sciences showed its potential as nausea treatment. This study monitored eight patients who were suffering from pediatric cancer and it lasted for two years.
The results from the study concluded that no vomiting occurred in the patients who ingested delta 8 THC for the first 24 hours after the initial cancer treatment.
Lack of an Appetite
- Delta 8 THC has also been widely associated with stimulating the appetite of people who were initially suffering from a lack of appetite. Multiple studies over the years have shown that the consumption of delta 8 THC can increase the food intake by 22 in people who were initially suffering from a lack of appetite
These studies also showed that the ingesting and usage of delta 8 THC increases the food intake in a person significantly more than the ingesting of delta 9 THC does.
Side Effects of Delta 8 THC
- Since it is a cannabinoid, there are some common side effects and warnings that are associated with the usage of delta 8 THC. There are still a lot of things to learn about the proper side effects of delta 8 because of its relatively new discovery and the fact that the cannabinoid is normally available in concentrated form because a typical cannabis flower contains less than 1 of delta 8 THC.
If you are thinking about consuming delta 8 THC it is paramount that you are aware of all its side effects that have been observed with both animal and human studies.
- Research conducted on animals showed us that the long-term usage of delta 8 THC can lead to an increase in blood pressure after the initial consumption of delta 8 THC. This rise in blood pressure was then followed up by a gradual drop in blood pressure and a comparably slower heart rate.
However, it is important to note that the effects that were observed on animals can be completely different from the effects that might be exhibited by a human being. For instance, a study conducted in 2018 showed that in contrast to the decrease in heart rate that was exhibited by animals, an increase in heart rate was noted in humans when they were given the same amount of delta 8 THC.
- In summation, limited studies have been conducted of delta 8 THC because of which a lot of its side effects might still be unknown. So, it is always a good idea to exercise caution when you are consuming it.
In the article above we have discussed delta 8 THC in great detail. We have taken a deep dive into the key differences between traditional THC and delta 8 THC and also discussed its medical benefits in great detail. Finally, we looked at the common side effects that are associated with delta 8 usage that need to be considered when you are consuming delta 8 THC.
If you have any more questions and queries about the usage of delta 8 THC and its recommended dosage or if you are looking to purchase delta 8 THC from the comfort of your own home, you can contact us today at The Delta 8 Shop.