Read on to learn how does delta 8 THC improve sleep and reduces anxiety, chronic pain, and inflammation
According to the experts, about 60 million Americans suffer from insomnia each year. The benefits of delta 8 THC for sleep are making it increasingly popular among those suffering from a sleep disorder. The extremely potent delta 8 THC soothes you to sleep without causing the groggy after-effects of sleep aids. Continue reading to find out how delta 8 can help you sleep better.
What Is Delta 8 THC?
- The Delta 8 THC is a naturally occurring psychoactive cannabinoid. It is usually found in small concentrations in a cannabis plant. Delta 8 THC can be easily extracted from the cannabis plant through the process of distillation. It interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS) to produce various effects.
ECS helps maintain homeostasis and other regulatory functions that affect sleep. Research indicates that cannabinoids such as delta 8 THC regulate the balance of circadian rhythm. This helps promote sound sleep. In addition, delta 8 plays a significant role in chronic pain management, anxiety reduction, and other functions that indirectly affect sleep.
Evidence From Research
- Several research studies suggest that activation of specific endocannabinoid receptors improves sleep. Delta 8 THC helps manage sleep ailments, PTSD, and nightmares by interacting with CB1 receptors in the brain.
A 1973 study found that delta 8 THC helps users sleep better by:
- Influencing the part of the sleep cycle responsible for dreaming
- Stimulating parts of the brain related to cognition and memory
The sedative effects of delta 8 THC were found to be similar to delta 9 THC. However, delta 8 THC does not cause effects like paranoia commonly associated with delta 9 use.
Properties Of Delta 8 THC That Affect Sleep
The following properties of delta 8 THC help improve sleep.
- Delta 8 THC has analgesic properties, which means it can provide relief from chronic pain. These properties of delta 8 are helpful for those who suffer from sleep difficulties caused by severe pain. It also plays a direct role in improving sleep patterns.
- Multiple studies indicate that delta 8 THC significantly contributes to anxiety management. The anxiolytic properties of delta 8 THC help curb the anxieties that keep people awake at night. Delta 8 THC can help users manage and reduce stress with proper dosing and usage. Thus, allowing them to sleep peacefully.
Using Delta 8 THC For Sleep
- Delta 8 THC can effectively improve sleep by adjusting your routine to address sleep issues. Since delta 8 THC is mildly sedative, dosing before bed is the best method for dealing with sleep disorders.
In addition, the sleep-inducing properties of delta 8 THC are also determined by the amount being taken and the product being used. If you have high THC tolerance, you must adjust your delta 8 THC dosage accordingly. This is because delta 8 THC is much milder as compared to delta 9 THC.
Determining Delta 8 Dosage For Sleep
- It is important to remember that doses of delta 8 THC vary according to tolerance levels. There is no one-size-fits-all dosage of delta 8 THC. Some users benefit from microdoses; others find a 5-10 mg dose ideal for combating sleep ailments. For new users, starting with the lowest dose is the best strategy. Increase the dosage with each use and allow your body to adjust to delta 8 THC.
To purchase safe and high-quality delta 8 products at affordable rates, visit The Delta 8 Shop. If you want to learn more, give us a call at 317-941-5361.