Table of Contents
5 Interesting fast facts about cannabis that you must know
Cannabis acquired the fastest pace in terms of growth and sale. Cannabis is a psychedelic plant that offers profound recreational and therapeutic benefits. About 41% of Americans have used marijuana at one point or another in their lives. Even though it is widely popular there are some fascinating facts about cannabis that you may not know.
It Has Been Around Since Ancient Days
- It is commonly believed that cannabis originated in the 1960s but it has been around for thousands of years. Cannabis has been documented in use throughout history. It was used by ancient Chinese for its seeds that were consumed as a source of food.
The cannabis plant was used for extracting oil and making rope and textiles. It is used to make paper, clothes, oil, etc. throughout the world.
Medical And Therapeutic Uses
- The uses of cannabis grew as the Chinese traded with Africa, Europe, and the Middle East. Its medical applications were revealed by British doctors who officially studied its medicinal aspects from the 1800s to the 1900s. These medical benefits have been confirmed by medical science today.
Cannabis Response Varies From Gender To Gender
- It is interesting to note that men and women react differently to cannabis. It causes different psychedelic responses in men and women. Even when all other factors are the same, a man and woman who smoke the same pot will have different short-term and long-term outcomes. In a study, it was found that women tend to build up a faster tolerance to cannabis as compared to men.
Even among women, the individual responses to cannabis are different based on the changes in hormone levels and menstrual cycles. For instance, women who are ovulating will develop a faster tolerance to cannabis even with a low dose.
Cannabis Smoke Is Everywhere
- In a recent study based on atmospheric changes, scientists studied the air in Italy and found marijuana smoke everywhere. Florence, Naples, Milan, and Rome are the specific parts of the country where the marijuana smoke is just floating in the air. However, the amounts are not enough to cause a contact high in the people breathing the air in.
But it is still astonishing to note that cannabis is found in the air all over Italy. There were traces of other substances such as nicotine, caffeine, and cocaine in the air in the same cities.
Acts As A Mood Stabilizer The Same Way Chocolate Does
- Chocolate is known for enhancing mood through its ability to stimulate the production of serotonin which is a mood stabilizer. Although chocolate is not as powerful as cannabis both achieve the same results when it comes to mood-lifting. Cannabis binds to specific receptors in the brain that affect mood thereby acting as a strong antidepressant.
You are not necessarily required to smoke cannabis to obtain the benefits. CBD oil can deliver the same effects without making you high.
Shakespeare Smoked Cannabis
- Cannabis is linked with an increase in creativity and imaginative powers. The scientific evidence of these links comes in the form of marijuana residues found from the pipes obtained from Shakespeare’s garden. Scientists got hold of several clay pipes from the garden. Through careful analysis and chemical testing, it was revealed that the tobacco pipes contained traces of cannabis.
Based on these findings, researchers believe that the famous poet might have smoked cannabis while creating the masterpieces. This suggests that marijuana instills creativity and cognition.
The Delta 8 Shop is the leading e-store for all kinds of Delta 8, Delta 9, Delta 10, and THC-O products. Only the top quality manufacturers are listed in our store and are available at amazing prices. Call us today at 317-941-5361 to get to know about our amazing offers.