Here are the answers to most common faqs about THC-O
Meta: Read below to discover all about the remarkable cannabinoid, THC-O.
THC-O is relatively a new hemp-derived cannabinoid. It causes powerful highs among the users. Federally legal hemp is used for the extraction of THC-O. Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about the psychedelic THC-O.
Is THC-O a Naturally-Occurring Cannabinoid?
- THC-O does not occur in nature because it is a synthetic cannabinoid. THC-O is thought of as a classical cannabinoid as it shares the same basic structure as natural cannabinoids. Although the acetate group is not found in naturally occurring cannabinoids. That is where THC-O differs from a natural cannabinoid. THC-O has the same ABC-tricyclic structure that is the defining characteristic of all the classical cannabinoids such as CBD, delta 8 THC, and delta 9 THC.
Non-classical cannabinoids on the other hand have a different structure and different effects on the brain and body. They can bind with endocannabinoid receptors. Non-classical cannabinoids pose a higher risk of side effects.
What’s The Optimal Dose of THC-O?
- There are no evidence-based official studies conducted on the ideal dose of THC-O. But there are reports in which people tested the effects of different doses of THC-O. We know from the facts that THC-O is approximately thrice as strong as delta 9 THC. So the consensus is that THC-O should be taken in quantities equal to one-third of regular THC products.
- The minimum dose of THC-O that is required to produce psychoactive effects is about 2 mg for oral use and 0.5 mg when smoked. This is also called the threshold dose. Any doses above this range are going to result in noticeable psychoactive effects. So this is the ideal dose for you if you are not looking to experience the psychoactive highs of THC-O.
The doses at which the psychoactive effects of THC-O are felt are known as psychoactive doses. They are further divided into two categories:
- For smoking the psychoactive dose of THC-O ranges between 1 to 5mg.
- For oral intake in the form of tinctures or gummies, the doses are 3 and 10 mg.
- Doses above 10mg are responsible for producing psychedelic effects. However, as a word of caution, doses higher than this should not be attempted without being familiar with the effects of THC-O at lower doses.
It’s always wise to start with the lower or threshold dose while taking a new substance. Take a small dose to see how it affects you then gradually increase the dose.
In What Forms Is THC-O Marketed?
- THC-O is available in the usually expected forms of THC products. Here is the detail of THC-O products you are going to see on the market.
- Tinctures are always an ideal and safe method of using cannabis products. Tinctures eliminate the risk of side effects of smoking and vaping, by keeping your lungs safe.
- THC-O distillate is hard to find because it is different from regular THC dab. THC-O distillate is thick, black, and oily. It can become difficult to work with THC-O distillate because it’s fluid in form.
- Cannabinoids are infused in regular gelatin-based fruit gummies to make THC-O gummies. Gummies are an excellent way of calculating doses and consuming cannabinoids. They taste great and are safe.
Does THC-O Have Any Benefits?
- The research on the beneficial effects of THC-O is not vast. However, limited studies suggest that its benefits are similar to regular forms of THC. It helps treat insomnia, relieves pain, stimulates appetite, treats anxiety, etc. General benefits are the same but stronger in comparison to other forms. Because of its powerful effects, it could also be used for the management of chronic pain.
If you are ready to feel the euphoric effects of THC-O, we can help you find the high-quality product at The Delta 8 Shop. For more queries, give us a call at 317-941-5361.