Table of Contents
We reveal everything we know about ‘how does Delta 8-THC interact with the body
Delta – 8 THC is gaining a lot of popularity among cannabinoid enthusiasts. Research is being made to see how it differs from the more popular cannabinoids such as Delta-9 THC and CBD etc. Some say it is the perfect cannabinoid as it delivers the right amount of relaxation without instigating paranoia in the person.
Delta 8 – THC products are available in the market. If you are a cannabinoid enthusiast, you should try these products to see how they deliver. However, before trying a product, it is important to know its mode of operation and the potential benefits and disadvantages.
Let us learn more about the way Delta 8 – THC interacts with the human body and the benefits it promises to deliver on.
What is Delta 8 – THC?
- Delta-8 THC is a cannabinoid found in the cannabis plant. This cannabinoid shares multiple similarities with Delta – 9 THC and CBD, all three of which are derived from the cannabis plant. Delta 8 – THC is a recent discovery and ongoing research has revealed that its soothing properties rival those of Delta – 9 THC and other more prevalent cannabinoids.
Delta-8 THC differs from Delta-9 in terms of its chemical configuration. This change makes it much less potent than Delta-9. Both cannabinoids have different effects on our bodies.
How Does Delta 8-THC Function?
- As the name depicts, the eighth carbon atom in a single string of Delta-8 THC has a double bond. This unique molecular structure of Delta-8 THC allows the endocannabinoid system of the human body to experience positive psychological effects of the cannabinoid. At the same time, the excessive psychoactive effects of the drug, such as hallucinations, are curbed.
Cannabinoid receptor type 1 (CB1) and Cannabinoid receptor type 2 (CB2) are located in the human body. CB1 receptors are present in the brain whereas CB2 receptors are located in the immune and digestive systems.
- When Delta-8 is introduced in the human body, it interacts more with CB2 receptors than CB1. Due to this, the brain does not experience excessive psychoactive effects of the drug. Only positive effects are felt by the body.
Health Benefits of Delta 8-THC
Now that we have established the working and functioning mechanism of Delta-8 THC, let us take a look at the numerous health benefits it offers.
Improvement in Physical Health
- Delta-8 THC has anti-inflammatory properties. It reduces inflammation and also relieves pain.
- Due to the peculiar nature of its binding with CB2 receptors, Delta-8 THC is known for enhancing appetite and regulating digestive functions.
- The percentage of THC content present in Delta-8 THC is 0.3. Along with that, Delta-8 has limited interaction with brain receptors. This controlled interaction limits the way Delta-8 affects the brain’s functioning. Hence, the psychoactive effects of Delta-8 THC are not over-the-top, unlike other cannabinoids.
- The mild psychoactive effects of Delta-8 THC make it quite the ideal recreational drug for mood regulation and curing anxiety and depression. Consuming Delta-8 THC in moderate quantities does not cause paranoia and hallucinations. Thus, the consumer of Delta-8 THC does not lose his mind and senses, all the while enjoying the calming effects of Delta-8 THC.
Hence, frequent consumption of Delta-8 THC in moderate quantities help ease out anxiety, instill a sense of calm, and improve focus and clarity to carry out everyday tasks more efficiently. In short, Delta-8 THC may be the perfect drug cannabinoid enthusiasts have been looking for.
This information has been brought to you by Delta-8 THC Shop.