Continue reading to dispel all of your misconceptions about delta 8 THC
Delta 8 THC is an extremely potent compound found in cannabis. Its popularity among cannabis users has substantially grown over the past few years. However, several misconceptions are yet to be addressed. Keep reading to learn about them.
It Is A Synthetic Compound
- Some people think that delta 8 is synthetic. However, it is naturally present in cannabis plants so it is not considered synthetic.The legality of delta 8 THC depends on whether or not it is considered synthetic. According to DEA, any synthetic THC is illegal.
Delta 8 Is Harmful
- Delta 8 has minimal side effects and most brands sell THC products after testing them safe for human use. Delta 8 THC is less potent than weed and there is hardly anything to fear. A huge amount has to be taken to feel overly intense even then it is less likely to make you feel anxious and paranoid.
A study conducted on the safety of cannabinoids states that the health risks associated with cannabis use among adult users are no more different than nicotine, acetaminophen, fried foods, and other indulgences.
Delta 8 And Delta 9 THC Are The Same
A lot of people claim that since Delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinol and delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol look and sound almost the same so they have the same effects. Even though these cannabinoids have significant similarities, their differences are still notable.
- Delta 8 and delta 9 are cannabinoids that interact with ECS to produce mind-lifting effects. ECS plays a role in regulating several body functions. It does this by maintaining homeostasis in immune cells, brain, organs, connective tissue, and glands.
- Most cannabinoids interact with the two main receptors CB1 and CB2 in the ECS. Although delta 8 and delta 9 can bind to both these receptors, delta 9 shows greater affinity for the CB1 receptor.
This affinity is responsible for the well-known psychoactive effects of delta 9. Delta 8 THC, on the other hand, shows a stronger affinity for the CB2 receptor thereby producing more calming and less psychoactive effects.
Delta 8 Has Addictive Effect
The word goes around that delta 8 THC is addictive however this is fundamentally untrue. When used irresponsibly, any substance can become addictive. However, delta 8 THC has nothing inherently addictive about it. It is human nature to seek escape and relief whenever things become unfavorable.
- We seek external sources of release to escape our problems whether it’s chronic pain, depression, or a lifestyle we aren’t happy with. Although some users take delta 8 for seeking a release from the reality that is bothering them, it does not make it addictive. In addition, it is our relationship and usage that make any substance good or bad, not the substance itself.
Delta 8 Is The Same As Spice
- Spice is a synthetic weed made by spraying a number of synthetic THC analogs on plant material. It also goes by the name K2. Dozens of chemicals are used for producing this product but none of them is similar to delta 8 or delta 9 THC.Even though these compounds bind to the same receptors their chemical structures are completely different.
- The spice or K2 is a product that is synthesized in a lab. Since it does not occur naturally it can be dangerous if not responsibly used. Moreover, it is addictive and can lead to hallucinations, increased blood pressure, organ damage, convulsions, and death.
Delta 8 THC on the other hand is derived from the naturally occurring cannabis plant. It is a classical cannabinoid that provides euphoric benefits without making you uncomfortable. It shares the same base chemical structure as the other cannabinoids.
For purchasing safe and high-quality delta 8 products at affordable rates, be sure to visit The Delta 8 Shop. And if you want to learn more give us a call at 317-941-5361.