Here are answers to the most asked questions about THC-O
THC-O has been around for ages but its popularity rose in recent months. Due to their growing demand new forms of THC are popping up. THC-O is one of them. This article provides information about THC-O, its effects, metabolism, and more.
What Is THC-O?
- THC-O which is also known as THC-O-acetate is a synthetic form of THC. Being the stronger analog of delta 9 THC is 3 times more potent than delta 9. The psychedelic effects of THC-O are stronger than the conventional THC.
When compared to delta 8 THC, THC-O is roughly 5 times more powerful than delta 8. The psychedelic effects of THC-O take longer to appear than regular THC.
How THC-O Is Synthesized?
- THC-O-acetate does not exist naturally and is synthetically made from CBD. Even though THC-O is a cannabinoid, it undergoes a series of extractions to reach its final useable form. It is synthesized safely using modern cannabis tech. To make THC-O from hemp, first CBD is derived from THC hemp which is then converted to delta 8 or its similar counterpart.
Then finally the acetic anhydride which is an organic solvent is added to the mix. This process removes all flavonoids and terpenes. The end product is a viscous, odorless, and flavorless THC isolate that has a polarizing potency.
What Makes THC-O Different Than Delta 9?
- Although research regulations and scientific data regarding THC-O and its effects on the body is scarce, researchers have concluded that it’s a prodrug. A prodrug is a compound that is biologically inactive and needs to be metabolized for activation. After the metabolism of THC-O, a highly bioavailable adaptation of delta 9 is left behind. This variation of delta 9 THC formed after digestion of THC-O is well absorbed and circulated in the body.
Thus increasing THC-O’s bioavailability and potency. This is what makes it thrice as potent as delta 9 THC. THC-O is therefore a leading-edge cannabinoid famous for psychoactive effects and euphoric feelings typically associated with cannabis use.
How Long Does It Take For THC-O Effects To Show?
- While delta 9 takes less than 30 minutes to kick in, the effects of THC-O are considerably delayed. Because THC-O is a prodrug in nature, it takes longer to digest and therefore the onset of effects is comparatively slow. The effects of THC-O begin to appear usually after an hour. When delta 9 is smoked the effects are felt within a few minutes but THC-O kicks in after 20 minutes of smoking.
Once the effects of THC-O appear, the peak experience reaches exceptionally fast after the first wave of effects is felt. Therefore, getting impatient and taking a second dose too early can get you into hot water. You don’t want both doses to kick in at the same time.
Where Can I Buy THC-O?
- Because THC-O is a new hemp derivative it is not as commonly available in the market as delta 8 or delta 9 THC. So it’s hard to find THC-O at the moment only a few companies are selling it. There are also some concerns about the safety of THC-O because of the presence of the acetate group. If you want to use THC-O, go for tinctures or gummies. The threshold dose of THC-O varies from 0.5 to 3mg. Psychoactive effects are optimally felt between the dosage range of 3-10mg. However, the dosing should not exceed above10 mg as this is considered the psychedelic dose.
If you are ready to feel the euphoric effects of THC-O, we can help you find the high-quality product at The Delta 8 Shop. For more queries, give us a call at 317-941-5361.