Here is the fascinating history of delta 8 THC for the beginners
Delta 8 THC’s popularity has skyrocketed in the past few years even though it is as old as the 1940’s. Learn about the fascinating history of Delta 8 THC in this article.
Delta 8 THC Isn’t New
- Up until a few years ago, Delta 8 THC wasn’t as popular as it is today. Many people believe that it is something new, that it didn’t exist before. However, this is far from the truth.
Delta 8 THC was known to scientists and researchers for a very long time. Naturally, it occurs in trace amounts, which is why not much interest was shown in Delta 8 THC earlier. Currently, due to its immense popularity among users, it is the 4th most research cannabinoid in the world
Discovery of Delta 8 THC
- Delta 8 THC is a naturally occurring plant derivative, and has never been synthesized artificially. It exists as 0.1% of the cannabis plant, and its extraction is twice as difficult.
In 1941, a partial synthesis process was used to isolate compounds from the cannabis plant, and as a result, Delta 8 THC was discovered. The first pure Delta 8 compound was created by Roger Adams of the University of Illinois.
Modern Synthesis of Delta 8 THC
- By 1942, scientists and medical researchers were studying Delta 8 THC in detail. They explored how Delta 8 THC can be administered to humans, and how it affects our brain. They conducted various controlled experiments to understand how Delta 8 THC is different from the other compounds derived from the cannabis plant.
A complete synthesis of Delta 8 THC was developed in 1965. This synthesis helped researchers understand a great deal about Delta 8 THC and it actually helped form the basis of future research on Delta 8 THC. Shortly after, the University of Delaware implemented and refined a Delta 8 THC extraction method. This extraction method has been improved over the years and forms the basis of the modern Delta 8 THC extraction method.
Research on Delta 8 THC
- 1974 was a great year for Delta 8 THC. A groundbreaking study revealed that Delta 8 THC has no negative effects on the human immune system. The study involved giving various cannabinoids such as Delta 8 THC, Delta 9 THC, and CBD oil to cancerous mice. These cannabinoids did not accelerate cancer, which proved that they are safe for our immune system.
In some mice, the rate of recovery was increased which prompted more research for potential benefits of Delta 8 THC. Further research between cannabinoids and their cancer tumor shrinking effects was conducted which showed promising results. A study in 1995 showed that Delta 8 THC helped chemotherapy patients with their nausea and other negative side effects. Delta 8 THC was also found to influence and promote the production of Acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter responsible for cognitive abilities. In the last decade, Delta 8 THC’s increased appetite effect was found to be as a result of increased metabolism which was then further studied.
Delta 8 THC Now
- As more and more people began using Delta 8 THC, it’s positive effects became widely known. Many physicians have started prescribing Delta 8 THC to treat a variety of ailments and pains. Delta 8 THC is now used for pain management, arthritis, nausea, anxiety, mood elevation, and for improving the sleep cycle.
The modern Delta 8 THC extraction methods have actually enabled it to be made available in a variety of forms. Delta 8 THC is available as gummies, vapes, distillates, and as a spray for smoking flowers.
We, at The Delta 8 Shop have been proudly selling only the best quality Delta 8 THC products. Call us today at 317-941-5361 and find out about our amazing offers.